Every 6 years Philippines is having general election; and the time has come for all the registered Filipino voters to hire new sets of leaders. The official date of election in the Philippines for executive and legislative branches for all levels of government – national, provincial and local except for barangay or village officials is May 9, 2016. While the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections is scheduled this coming October.
The citizen of the Philippines will be voting for:
- Vice President
- 12 seats in the Senate
- 297 seats in the House of Representatives
- Governors, Vice Governors and 772 seats in Provincial Boards for 81 provinces
- Mayors, Vice Mayors for 145 cites and 1,489 municipalities
- Members of the city councils and 11,924 seats in the municipal councils
- Governor, Vice Governor and all 24 seats in the regional assembly of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)
The Commission on Elections or known as COMELEC is the one responsible for the preparation and organizing the elections starting from the voter registration and the counting machines to be used.
The candidates running for president are:
- Jejomar Binay and his Vice President Gringo Honasan
- Rodrigo Duterte and his Vice President Alan Peter Cayetano
- Grace Poe and his Vice President Francis Escudero
- Mar Roxas and his Vice President Leni Robredo
- Miriam Defensor Santiago and his Vice President Bongbong Marcos
and one independent candidate running for Vice President, Antonio Trillanes.
This coming May 9, vote for what is right.